Click Here to go back to Bible Trivia Page
4:1 When therefore the LORD knew how the Pharisees had heard
that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John,
4:2 (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,)
4:3 He left Judaea, and departed again into Galilee.
4:4 And he must needs go through Samaria.
4:5 Then cometh he to a city of Samaria, which is called Sychar,
near to the parcel of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph.
4:6 Now Jacobís well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with
his journey, sat thus on the well: and it was about the sixth hour.
4:7 There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith
unto her, Give me to drink.
4:8 (For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat.)
4:9 Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou,
being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria?
for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.
4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of
God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou
wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living
4:11 The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw
with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living
4:12 Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well,
and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?
4:13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this
water shall thirst again:
4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall
never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a
well of water springing up into everlasting life.
4:15 The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst
not, neither come hither to draw.
4:16 Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither.
4:17 The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said
unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband:
4:18 For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast
is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.
4:19 The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a
4:20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in
Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship
4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh,
when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem,
worship the Father.
4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for
salvation is of the Jews.
4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers
shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father
seeketh such to worship him.
4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him
in spirit and in truth.
4:25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which
is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
4:26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.
4:27 And upon this came his disciples, and marvelled that he talked
with the woman: yet no man said, What seekest thou? or, Why
talkest thou with her?
4:28 The woman then left her waterpot, and went her way into the
city, and saith to the men,
4:29 Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is
not this the Christ?
4:30 Then they went out of the city, and came unto him.
4:31 In the mean while his disciples prayed him, saying, Master,
4:32 But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of.
4:33 Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man
brought him ought to eat?
4:34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that
sent me, and to finish his work.
4:35 Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh
harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the
fields; for they are white already to harvest.
4:36 And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto
life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may
4:37 And herein is that saying true, One soweth, and another
4:38 I sent you to reap that whereon ye bestowed no labor: other
men labored, and ye are entered into their labors.
4:39 And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for
the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I
4:40 So when the Samaritans were come unto him, they besought
him that he would tarry with them: and he abode there two days.
4:41 And many more believed because of his own word;
4:42 And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy
saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is
indeed the Christ, the Savior of the world.
4:43 Now after two days he departed thence, and went into Galilee.
4:44 For Jesus himself testified, that a prophet hath no honor in his
4:45 Then when he was come into Galilee, the Galilaeans received
him, having seen all the things that he did at Jerusalem at the feast:
for they also went unto the feast.
4:46 So Jesus came again into Cana of Galilee, where he made the
water wine. And there was a certain nobleman, whose son was sick
4:47 When he heard that Jesus was come out of Judaea into Galilee,
he went unto him, and besought him that he would come down, and
heal his son: for he was at the point of death.
4:48 Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye
will not believe.
4:49 The nobleman saith unto him, Sir, come down ere my child die.
4:50 Jesus saith unto him, Go thy way; thy son liveth. And the man
believed the word that Jesus had spoken unto him, and he went his
John 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness
overcame it not.
2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to
him will I give power over the nations:
2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a
potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my
2:28 And I will give him the morning star.
2:29 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the
3:1 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things
saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I
know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.
3:2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are
ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.
3:3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold
fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee
as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.
3:4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled
their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are
3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment;
and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will
confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
3:6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the
3:7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These
things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of
4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is
written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt
4:11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and
ministered unto him.
4:12 Now when Jesus had heard that John was cast into prison, he
departed into Galilee;
4:13 And leaving Nazareth, he came and dwelt in Capernaum, which
is upon the sea coast, in the borders of Zabulon and Nephthalim:
4:14 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the
4:15 The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of
the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles;
4:16 The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them
which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.
4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for
the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
4:18 And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren,
Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the
sea: for they were fishers.
4:19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers
4:20 And they straightway left their nets, and followed him.
4:21 And going on from thence, he saw other two brethren, James the
son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in a ship with Zebedee their
father, mending their nets; and he called them.
4:22 And they immediately left the ship and their father, and followed
4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues,
and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of
sickness and all manner of disease among the people.
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all
circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
When we lost my father due to bad health, we received many cards with SYMPATHY I would like to share some bible verses that have given me encouragement that was on some of the cards my family received.
It is because of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
Given to me by Annette & Reid Brown of Marietta, Georgia, USA.
Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give
New Salem Baptist Church - Sunday School Class, Kennesaw, Georgia, USA.
John 14:1 thru 3
(1) Let not your heart be troubled; ye believe in God, believe in me.
(2) In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I
would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
(3) And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and
receive you unto myself, that where I am, there ye may be also.
Joel, Cindy, Holly, Melanie, Elizah Anderson, Cumming, Georgia, USA.
Isaiah 61:1 thru 3
(1) The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord hath
anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to
bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the
opening of the prison to those who are bound;
(2) To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of
vengance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
(3) To appoint unto those who mourn in Zion, to give unto them
beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise
for the spirit of heaviness, that they might be called trees of
righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.
Carl & Gladys Smith, Marietta, Georgia, USA.
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you; not as the world
giveth, give I unto you. Let not you hearth be troubled, neither let it
Susan Cook, Marietta, Georgia, USA.
I will not leave you comfortless; I will come to you.
Henry and Carolyn Orr, Marietta, Georgia, USA.
Please read the following the Lord prepares us in many ways the first verse was on another
card my family received, I had just read most of this book before my dad pasted away.
I just read the most part of ECCLESIASTES, while reading I came across the
verses I thought I would write about. Please read the whole book of
Ecclesiastes it will make you slow down and think about life and why you are
here on earth. Please take time an read all 12 chapters.
Ecclesiastes 3:1 thru 8
(1) To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose
under the heaven.
(2) A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time
to pluck up that which is planted.
(3) A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a
time to build up;
(4) A time to weep, and a time to laugh, a time to mourn, and a time
(5) A time to cast away the stones, and a time to gather stones
together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
(6) A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to
(7) A time to tear, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a
time to speak;
(8) A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of
Ecclesiastes 12:11 thru 14
(11) The words of the wise are like goads, and like nails fastened by
the masters of assemblies, which are given by one shepherd.
(12) And further, by these, my son, be admonished; of making many
books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.
(13) Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and
keep his commandments; for this is the whole duty of man.
(14) For God shall bring every work into judgement, with every
secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
Romans 12:1 & 2 also read vs 3 thru 8
(1) I BESEECH you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God,
that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto
God, which is your reasonable service.
(2) And be not conformed to this world, but be ye transformed by
the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good,
and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
This is written in memory of a dear friend, Rev. Dr. Walton L. MacMillan
Proverbs 4:12 (Hebrew Translation)
(12) "As thou goest step by step, I will open the way before thee."
Matthew 5:13 thru 16
(13) Yea are the salt of the earth, but if the salt have lost its savor,
with what shall it be salted? It is therefore good for nothing, but to
be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
(14) Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot
(15)Neither do men light a lamp, and put it under a bushel, but on a
lampstand, and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
(16) Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good
works, and glorify your Father, who is in heaven.
(105) Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
Revelation 14:6 & 7
(6) AND I SAW ANOTHER ANGEL FLY IN THE MIDST OF
HEAVEN, HAVING THE EVERLASTING GOSPEL TO
PREACH UNTO THEM THAT DWELL ON THE EARTH, AND
TO EVERY NATION, AND KINDRED, AND TONGUE, AND
PEOPLE, (7) SAYING WITH A LOUD VOICE, FEAR GOD, AND
GIVE GLORY TO HIM; FOR THE HOUR OF HIS JUDGEMENT
IS COME; AND WORSHIP HIM THAT MADE HEAVEN, AND
EARTH, AND THE SEA, AND THE FOUNTAINS OF WATERS.
Matthew 27:15 thru 26
(15) Now at that feast the governor was accustomed to releasing
unto the people a prisoner, whom they would.
(16) And they had then a notable prisoner, called Barabbas.
(17) Therefore, when they were gathered together, Pilate said unto
them, Whom will ye that I release unto you? Barabbas, or Jesus,
who is called Christ?
(18) For he knew that for envy they had delivered him.
(19) When he was seated on the judgement seat, his wife sent unto
him, saying, Have thou nothing to do with that righteous man; for I
have suffered many things this day in a dream because of him.
(20) But the chief priests and elders persuaded the multitude that
they should ask for Barabbas, and destroy Jesus.
(21) The governor answered and said unto them, Which of the two
will ye that I release unto you? They said, Barabbas.
(22) Pilate saith unto them, What shall I do with Jesus, who is called
Christ? They all say unto him, Let him be crucified.
(23) And the governor said, Why, what evil hath he done? But they
cried out the more, saying, Let him be crucified.
(24) When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather
a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the
multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this righteous
person. See ye to it.
(25) Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and
on our children.
(26) Then released he Barbbas unto them; and when he had
scourged Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified.
Romans 5:1 thru 4
(1) Therefore, being justified by faith, we have peace with God
through our Lord Jesus Christ,
(2) By whom also we have access by faith into his grace in which we
stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
(3) And not only so, but we glory in tribulation also, knowing that
tribulations worketh patience; (4) And patience, experience; and
1 Corinthians 13:1 thru 8
(1) Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have
not love, I am become as sounding bronze, or a tinkling cymbal.
(2) And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all
mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I
could remove mountains, and have not love, I am nothing.
(3) And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I
give my body to be burned, and have not love, I am nothing.
(4) Love suffereth long, and is kind; love envieth not; love vaunteth
not itself, is not puffeth up,
(5) Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not its own, is not easily
provoked, thinketh no evil,
(6) Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
(7) Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things,
endureth all things.
(8) Love never faileth; but whether there be prophecies, they shall
be done away; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
(13) And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest
of these is love.
These verses are here to remind us not to purchase things we do not
Matthew 6:25 thru 34
(25) Therefore, I say unto you, Be not anxious for your life, what ye
shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye
shall put on. Is not the life more than food and the body than
(26) Behold the fowls of the air; for they sow not, neither do they
reap, nor gather into barns, yet your heavenly father feedeth them.
Are you not much better than they?
(27) Which of you by being anxious can add one cubit unto thy
(28) Any why are ye anxious for raiment? Consider the lilies of the
field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin.
(29) And yet I say unto you that even Solomon, in all his glory, was
not arrayed like one of these.
(30) Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today
is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more
clothe you, O ye of little faith?
(31) Therefore, be not anxious saying, What shall we eat? or, What
shall we drink? or, With what shall we be clothed?
(32) For after all these things do the Gentiles seek. For your
heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all things.
(33) But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousnes, and
all these things shall be added unto you.
(34) Be, therefore, not anxious about tomorrow; for tomorrow will
be anxious for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is its own
(13) If a man lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of
them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to
death; their blood shall be upon them.
Romans 1:26 thru 32
(26) For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections; for even
their woman did exchange the natural use for that which is against
(27) And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the
woman, burned in their lust one toward another, men with men
working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that
recompense of their error which was fitting.
(28) And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge,
God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which
are not seemly.
(29) Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness,
covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit,
(30) Backbiters, haters of God, insolent, proud, boasters, inventors,
of evil things, disobedient to parents;
(31) Without understanding covenant breakers, without natural
affection, implacable, unmerciful;
(32) Who, knowing the judgement of God, that they who commit
such things are worthy of death, not only do the same but have
pleasure in them that do them.
Ecclesiastes 1:1 vs 11
(12) I, the Preacher, was king over Israel in Jerusalem.
(13) And I gave my heart to seek and search out by wisdom
concerning all things that are done under heaven; this severe travail
hath God given to the sons of man to be exercised therewith.
(14) I have seen all the works that are done under the sun and,
behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit.
(15) That which is crooked cannot be made straight; and that which
is lacking cannot be numbered.
(16) I spoke to mine own heart, saying, Lo, I am come to great
estate, and have gotten more wisdom than all they that have been
before me in Jerusalem; yea, my heart had great experience of
wisdom and knowledge.
(17) And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness
and folly; I perceived that this also is vexation of the spirit.
(18) For in much wisdom is much grief; and he that increaseth
knowledge increaseth sorrow.
Danny / Marietta, Georgia/USA
Psalms 53 vs 1- 6
(1) The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are
they, and have done abominable iniquity; there is none that doeth
(2) God looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see
if there were any that did understand, that did seek God.
(3) Every one of them is gone back; they are altogether become
filthy. There is none that doeth good, no, not one.
(4) Have the workers of iniquity no knowledge, who eat up my
people as they are bread? They have not called upon God.
(5) There were they in great fear, where no fear was; for God hath
scattered the bones of him that encampeth against thee. Thou hast
put them to shame, because God hath despised them.
(6) Oh, that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! When
God Bridget back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice,
and Israel shall be glad.
James 2 vs 21-26
(21) Was not Abraham, our Father, justified by works, when he had
offered Issac, his son, upon the altar?
(22) Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works
was faith made perfect?
(23) And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed
God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness; and he was
called a friend of God.
(24) Ye see, then, that by works a man is justified, and not by faith
(25) In like manor also was not Rahab, the harlot, justified by
works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them
out another way?
(26) For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith with works is
dead, so faith without works is dead also.
R. Truelove of Marietta, Georgia/USA favorite bible verse:
Micah 6 vs 8
(8) He hath shown thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the
Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to
walk humbly with thy God?
Tracy Colby of Marietta, Georgia/USA favorite bible verses:
(28) Hast thou not known? Hast thou not heard, that the
everlasting God, the Lord, and the Creator of the ends of the earth,
fainteth not, neither is weary? There is no searching of his
(29) He giveth power to the faint; and to those who have no might
he increaseth strength.
(30) Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men
shall utterly fall,
(31) But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run, and not
be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Johnnie Lacy of Acworth, Georgia/USA another favorite verse
from Johnnie @ www.wp.com/johnnielacy
(17) But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable,
gentle, and easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits,
without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
Clare Smith of Marietta, Georgia/USA favorite bible verse, & Benjamin Colby of Marietta,
Georgia/USA favorite bible verse is:
(16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have
Danny Padgett of Marietta, Georgia/USA more favorite bill verses:
John 8 vs 20 thru 24 Please read also vs 12 thru 59
(20) These words spoke Jesus in the treasury, as he taught in the
temple. And no man laid hands on him; for his hour was not yet
(21) Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall
seek me, and shall die in your sins; where I go, ye cannot come.
(22) Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith,
Where I go, ye cannot come.
(23) And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above:
ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
(24) I said, therefore, unto you, that ye shall die in your sins; for if
ye believe not that I an he, ye shall die in your sins.
Acts 8 vs 4 thru 8
(4) Therefore, they that were scattered abroad went everywhere
preaching the word.
(5) Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached
Christ unto them.
(6) And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things
which Phillip spoke, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did;
(7) For unclean spirits, crying with a loud voice, came out of many
that were possessed with them; and many taken with palsies, and
that were lame, were healed.
(8) And there was great joy in that city.
Acts 4 vs 31:
(31) And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they
were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy
Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness.
Johnnie Lacy of Acworth, Georgia/USA his URL:
www.wp.com/johnnielacy.com placed his favorite bible verse on my quest
And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field,
keeping watch over their flock by the night.
Johnnie just pointed you to the beginning of the best story ever
given in the bible. Go to Luke 2 vs 8 and read at least thru vs 20.
Danny Padgett of Marietta, Georgia/USA One of my most favorite books of the bible is the
letter that Paul wrote to the EPHESIANS, written while Paul was in Rome about 60 A.D..
EPHESIANS 1 vs 1 thru 21
(1) Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints
who are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:
(2) Grace be to you, and peace, from God, our Father, and from the
Lord Jesus Christ.
The Believer's Standing in Grace The believer in Christ in the heavenlies
(3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who
hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in
(4) According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of
the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him, in
(5) Having predestinated us unto the adoption of sons by Jesus
Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
(6) To the praise of the glory of his grace, through which he hath
made us accepted in the Beloved;
(7) In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness
of sins, according to the riches of his grace,
(8) In which he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and
(9) Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according
to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself;
(10) That in the dispensation of the fullness of times he might gather
together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and
which are on earth, even in him;
(11) In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being
predestined according to the purpose of him who worketh all things
after the counsel of his own will,
(12) That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted
(13) In whom ye also trusted, after ye heard the word of truth, the
gospel of your salvation; in whom also after ye believed, ye were
sealed with that of the Holy Spirit of promise,
(14) Who is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of
the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
Prayer for knowledge and power
(15) Wherefore, I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord
Jesus, and love to all the saints,
(16) Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my
(17) That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory,
may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the
knowledge of him,
(18) The eyes of your understanding being enlightened: that ye may
know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the
glory of his inheritance in the saints,
(19) And what is the exceeding greatness of his power toward us
who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
(20) Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the
dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
(21) Far above all principality, and power, and might, and
dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age, but
also in that which is to come;
Proverbs Author: King Solomon the son of David
Proverbs 1 vs 7 thru 19 Wisdom's foundation: the
fear of the Lord
(7) The fear of the Lord is the beginning of Knowledge
(8) My son, hear the instruction of thy father and forsake not the
law of the mother.
(9) For they shall be an ornament of grace unto thy head, and
chains about thy neck.
(10) My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.
(11) If they say, Come with us, let us lay wait for blood, let us lurk
secretly for the innocent without cause,
(12) Let us swallow them up alive as sheol, and whole, as those that
go down into the pit;
(13) We shall find all precious substance, we shall fill our houses
(14) Cast in the lot among us; let us all have on path;
(15) My son, walk not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot
from their path;
(16) For their feet run to evil, and make haste to shed blood.
(17) Surely in vain the net is spread in the sight of any bird.
(18) And they lay wait for their own blood, they lurk secretly for
their own lives.
(19) So are the ways of everyone who is greedy of gain, who taketh
away the life of the owners thereof.
Galatians Chapter 5 vs 16 thru 21
Sanctification is through the Spirit, not the law
(16) This I say then , Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the
lust of the flesh.
The Spirit gives victory over sin (Romans 8:2)
Galatians Chapter 5 vs 17 thru 21
(17) For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against
the flesh; and these are contrary the one to the other, so that ye
cannot do the things that ye would.
(18) But if ye be led by the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
(19) Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these:
adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
(20) Idolatry, sorcery, hatred, strife, jealousy, wrath, factions,
(21) Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revelings, and the like; of
which I tell you before, as I have also told you in the time past, that
they who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Galatians Chapter 6 vs 1 The case of a sinning brother
(1) Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye who are spiritual
restore such an one in the spirit of meekness, considering thyself,
lest thou also be tempted.
The case of a burdened brother
(2) Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
(3) For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing,
he deceiveth himself.
(4) But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he
rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.
(5) For every man shall bear his own burden
Spiritual Gifts and Their Use
1 CORINTHIANS 12 vs 1 thru 11
(1) Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethen, I would not have you
(2) Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto thee dumb
idols, even as ye were led.
(3) Wherefore, I give you to understand that no man speaking by
the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed; and that no man can say
that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Spirit.
True Ministry is the exercise of spiritual gifts. (Eph. 4:7-16)
1 CORINTHIANS 12 vs 4 thru 11
(4) Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
(5) And there are differences of administrations, but it is the same
(6) And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God
who worketh all in all.
(7) But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to
(8) For to one is given, by the Spirit, the word of wisdom; to
another, the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
(9) To another, faith by the same Spirit; to another, the gifts of
healing by the same Spirit;
(10) To another, the working of miracles; to another, prophecy; to
another, discerning of spirits; to another, various kinds of tongues;
to another, the interpretation of tongues.
(11) But all these worketh that one and the very same Spirit,
dividing to every man severally as he will.
Proverbs Chapter 1 vs 1 thru 6
(1) The proverbs of Solomon, the son of David, king of Israel:
(2) To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of
(3) To receive the instruction of wisdom, righteousness, and justice,
(4) To give prudence to the simple, to the young man knowledge an
(5) A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of
understanding shall attain unto wise counsels,
(6) To understand a proverb and the interpretation, the words of
the wise and their dark sayings.